Tobacco is widely recognised as the single most counterfeited product in the world and is also a major target for grey market trading. This is mainly due to the sheer numbers of cigarettes produced and the fiscal duties (taxes) levied by governments on tobacco products, that make illicit trading attractive.
Our technologies have a number of features that make them of value to tobacco manufacturers including:
- Each single pack, bundle and/or case can be provided with a unique ID.
- Both authentication and Track & Trace functionality.
- Well suited to anti-diversion strategies.
- No impact on production efficiencies.
- Suitable for use with all packaging materials used in tobacco industry.
- Aligned with expected requirements of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.
The need for knowledge on product movement and authentication is increasing and FractureCode can assist in tracing the products back to the "first" customer. With governments demanding increased control due to losses in excise duties and VAT, the tobacco industry can benefit from using FractureCode to help comply with these "new" demands for product information.
If you would like to know more about how FractureCode could help to protect your products, please contact us directly via our contact page.